Sandy Beaches

Sandy Beaches, Ben Dolman 2015 - 8x10 Black & White Negative


I have just been on location at the northern point of Spurn Point, East Riding at Sandy Beaches due to some errors with a couple of my photographs from my last visit that had very slight camera shake in the image due to the bellows catching the wind on my 8x10 camera as I could not wait for the weather to settle as the tide coming in and chanced it. Thankfully on this returned visit the tide was low and I came armed with an umbrella to make sure the sea breeze did not catch the camera bellows. The photographs are now pin sharp and it was a good opportunity to test out the Cooke XVa Triple Conversation Lens http://www.cookeoptics.com/l/xva.html from work [Loughborough University] that is a joy to use and for which I am now building a new large format camera for to take advantage of it's three focal lengths 311, 476 and 646 mm.


Sandy Beaches, Ben Dolman 2015 - 8x10 Black & White Negative


Sandy Beaches, Ben Dolman 2015 - 8x10 Black & White Negative


Sentinel, Ben Dolman 2015 - 8x10 Black & White Negative


Sentinel, Ben Dolman 2015 - 8x10 Black & White Negative


Sentinel, Ben Dolman 2015 - 8x10 Black & White Negative